North Bay News
Missile transported across Golden Gate Bridge
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A blast from the past made its way over the Golden Gate Bridge Friday.
A de-commissioned Nike missile from the Cold War era was being transported to the Half Moon Bay Airport for this weekend's Pacific Coast Dream Machine event.
The missile usually sits at Fort Barry in the Marin Headlands, the only restored missile site of its kind in the United States.
The vintage 1950s Nike missile will be on display both Saturday and Sunday.
golden gate bridge, half moon bay, north bay news
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 36 min ago
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting 34 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Burlingame restaurant to stop serving lion meat dish
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos