North Bay News
Missile transported across Golden Gate Bridge
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A blast from the past made its way over the Golden Gate Bridge Friday.
A de-commissioned Nike missile from the Cold War era was being transported to the Half Moon Bay Airport for this weekend's Pacific Coast Dream Machine event.
The missile usually sits at Fort Barry in the Marin Headlands, the only restored missile site of its kind in the United States.
The vintage 1950s Nike missile will be on display both Saturday and Sunday.
golden gate bridge, half moon bay, north bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record 46 min ago
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 45 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday