North Bay News
Occupy protesters agree to stay off Golden Gate Bridge
A massive general strike planned for this week may not include an attempt to shut down the Golden Gate Bridge after all.
The San Jose Mercury News reports that Occupy members, union workers and labor supporters have agreed to keep off the bridge during Tuesday's May Day protests.
But the massive general strike is expected to hit the port of Oakland as planned.
It's part of a show of unity between union and non-union members working without a contract
protest, golden gate bridge, port of oakland, north bay news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 51 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos