North Bay News
Man who sold $6,700 stolen bike on Craigslist arrested
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- Police have arrested a suspected bicycle thief in Sausalito.
On March 13, a man who bought a bicycle for $2,300 on Craigslist reported to police that he had purchased a stolen bike, according to Sausalito police.
The buyer said that he became suspicious of the transaction when he saw a posting on Facebook that described the bike, and said it had been stolen from a store in Santa Barbara.
The bike -- a Cervelo R5 -- retails for $6,700.
The man returned the bike to the store, police said.
On Tuesday, Fairfax police arrested Jason Fashimpaur, 41, for burglary. The suspect posted bail on Thursday.
Fashimpaur had previously arrested by Twin Cities police for burglary and forgery.
Investigators were able to identify Fashimpaur as the suspect who sold the stolen bike in Sausalito.
Police on Friday arrested Fashimpaur at his home and booked him at Marin County Jail for possession of stolen property and possession of suspected methamphetamine.
Investigators are looking into the possibility that Fashimpaur is connected to burglaries in San Francisco, Berkeley, Palo Alto and Santa Clara.
sausalito, bikes, crime, craigslist, north bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday