North Bay News
Man who sold $6,700 stolen bike on Craigslist arrested
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- Police have arrested a suspected bicycle thief in Sausalito.
On March 13, a man who bought a bicycle for $2,300 on Craigslist reported to police that he had purchased a stolen bike, according to Sausalito police.
The buyer said that he became suspicious of the transaction when he saw a posting on Facebook that described the bike, and said it had been stolen from a store in Santa Barbara.
The bike -- a Cervelo R5 -- retails for $6,700.
The man returned the bike to the store, police said.
On Tuesday, Fairfax police arrested Jason Fashimpaur, 41, for burglary. The suspect posted bail on Thursday.
Fashimpaur had previously arrested by Twin Cities police for burglary and forgery.
Investigators were able to identify Fashimpaur as the suspect who sold the stolen bike in Sausalito.
Police on Friday arrested Fashimpaur at his home and booked him at Marin County Jail for possession of stolen property and possession of suspected methamphetamine.
Investigators are looking into the possibility that Fashimpaur is connected to burglaries in San Francisco, Berkeley, Palo Alto and Santa Clara.
sausalito, bikes, crime, craigslist, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 22 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 30 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 4 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 44 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 52 min ago