North Bay News
Man who sold $6,700 stolen bike on Craigslist arrested
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- Police have arrested a suspected bicycle thief in Sausalito.
On March 13, a man who bought a bicycle for $2,300 on Craigslist reported to police that he had purchased a stolen bike, according to Sausalito police.
The buyer said that he became suspicious of the transaction when he saw a posting on Facebook that described the bike, and said it had been stolen from a store in Santa Barbara.
The bike -- a Cervelo R5 -- retails for $6,700.
The man returned the bike to the store, police said.
On Tuesday, Fairfax police arrested Jason Fashimpaur, 41, for burglary. The suspect posted bail on Thursday.
Fashimpaur had previously arrested by Twin Cities police for burglary and forgery.
Investigators were able to identify Fashimpaur as the suspect who sold the stolen bike in Sausalito.
Police on Friday arrested Fashimpaur at his home and booked him at Marin County Jail for possession of stolen property and possession of suspected methamphetamine.
Investigators are looking into the possibility that Fashimpaur is connected to burglaries in San Francisco, Berkeley, Palo Alto and Santa Clara.
sausalito, bikes, crime, craigslist, north bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 17 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday