North Bay News
SJe man arrested for prowling in Sausalito
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- Sausalito police arrested a San Jose man on suspicion of stealing a tent from the porch of a Stanford Way residence Thursday morning.
Joshua Leahy, 30, was arrested minutes after a witness saw him walking on his neighbor's property at 151 Stanford Way around 7:50 a.m., Sgt. Thomas Georges said.
The witness said he saw a suspicious person take an item from his neighbor's porch and leave the area, Georges said.
Based on the witness's description of the suspect, Leahy was found near 100 Ebbtide Ave. Police recovered a collapsible camping tent and arrested Leahy for prowling and possession of stolen property.
He was booked into the Marin County jail under $10,000 bail.
Georges said the arrest illustrates how observant citizens can help apprehend criminal suspects by calling 911 or the police department's business line at (415) 289-4170.
sausalito, crime, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday