North Bay News
Slain Vallejo police officer honored in annual procession
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The late Vallejo police officer Jim Capoot is one of several law enforcement officers being honored Monday for making the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
Capoot was shot and killed November of last year by a suspected bank robber he was chasing.
This morning, a procession of police cars made their way to the state capitol for the special recognition ceremony.
This year's annual event is honoring a total of ten officers killed in the line of duty across the state.
vallejo, crime, music, sacramento, north bay news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 44 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 7 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 27 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 20 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 7 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
7 min ago