North Bay News
Rohnert Park officers look for murder suspect
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A search is underway for a killer. Investigators found a woman in her 60s dead in her home on Bernice Avenue in Rohnert Park. She was apparently the victim of a violent struggle.
Police still aren't ready to call this a homicide. Instead saying the woman died under suspicious circumstances.
Police say they went to check on the home after family members asked them to check on her because she lives alone and that's when they found the woman dead inside around 11 a.m. Tuesday. She has not been identified.
Since then, investigators have been examining the place for any clues.
"We were able to gain entry into the residence and we found what appeared to be a violent type of crime scene the occurred inside the residence," said Sgt. Jeff Nicks from the Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety.
Police also noticed the victim's white Toyota Highlander missing. It has a California license plate of 5SGC869. Authorities are searching for that car. They urge you to call 911 if you see it.
rohnert park, north bay news, alan wang
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 34 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday