North Bay News
Rohnert Park officers look for murder suspect
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A search is underway for a killer. Investigators found a woman in her 60s dead in her home on Bernice Avenue in Rohnert Park. She was apparently the victim of a violent struggle.
Police still aren't ready to call this a homicide. Instead saying the woman died under suspicious circumstances.
Police say they went to check on the home after family members asked them to check on her because she lives alone and that's when they found the woman dead inside around 11 a.m. Tuesday. She has not been identified.
Since then, investigators have been examining the place for any clues.
"We were able to gain entry into the residence and we found what appeared to be a violent type of crime scene the occurred inside the residence," said Sgt. Jeff Nicks from the Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety.
Police also noticed the victim's white Toyota Highlander missing. It has a California license plate of 5SGC869. Authorities are searching for that car. They urge you to call 911 if you see it.
rohnert park, north bay news, alan wang
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 17 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety 35 min ago
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 22 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates 32 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 34 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos