North Bay News
Man found dead near tracks in Fairfield identified
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A man found dead Monday near the railroad tracks in Fairfield has been identified as 40-year-old David Almendarez, a Solano County coroner's deputy said this afternoon.
Pending toxicology tests will help determine the cause of death, Deputy Jackson Harris said.
Almendarez's body was found about 20 yards from the tracks in some grass near East Tabor Avenue, Harris said.
Fairfield police Lt. Greg Hurlbut said Almendarez's father had reported him missing several weeks earlier. The body had been there for some time, Hurlbut said.
The area where he was found, which is behind houses, is not heavily traveled and there is no indication Almendarez was struck by a train, Hurlbut said.
Hurlbut said Almendarez, a Fairfield resident, was taking prescription drugs for mental health issues.
fairfield, north bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 15 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
15 min ago