North Bay News
75-year-old man arrested for 2nd DUI in a month
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A 75-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after driving off the roadway in Sausalito on Tuesday morning, police said.
Police responded to a report of a car that had gone off the roadway near the intersection of Cazneau and Platt avenues at 7:09 a.m.
The driver, identified as Joseph Huwyler of Sausalito, was slumped over the steering wheel of the idling SUV when officers found him, police said.
Huwyler allegedly became uncooperative and refused to exit the vehicle, and the officers forcibly removed his hands from the steering wheel and took him out of the car, according to police.
He showed signs of intoxication and was arrested, but he continued to resist as the officers took him into custody, police said.
He was taken to Marin General Hospital, where he was admitted for treatment of a medical condition unrelated to the accident.
Police said Huwyler had previously been arrested for DUI on April 18 following another traffic collision.
sausalito, DUI, north bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 41 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 38 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos