North Bay News
75-year-old man arrested for 2nd DUI in a month
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A 75-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after driving off the roadway in Sausalito on Tuesday morning, police said.
Police responded to a report of a car that had gone off the roadway near the intersection of Cazneau and Platt avenues at 7:09 a.m.
The driver, identified as Joseph Huwyler of Sausalito, was slumped over the steering wheel of the idling SUV when officers found him, police said.
Huwyler allegedly became uncooperative and refused to exit the vehicle, and the officers forcibly removed his hands from the steering wheel and took him out of the car, according to police.
He showed signs of intoxication and was arrested, but he continued to resist as the officers took him into custody, police said.
He was taken to Marin General Hospital, where he was admitted for treatment of a medical condition unrelated to the accident.
Police said Huwyler had previously been arrested for DUI on April 18 following another traffic collision.
sausalito, DUI, north bay news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke near Candlestick 15 min ago
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos