North Bay News
Man arrested for battery after scuffle with cops
NOVATO, Calif. -- Two Novato police officers were injured in a scuffle with a man on Tuesday night, a police sergeant said.
Officers Michael Braun and Blake Dunbar were at a traffic stop in the 1600 block of Grant Avenue around 9:40 p.m. when 20-year-old Edricx Scutt of Novato became agitated and started yelling at the officers, Sgt. Eric Riddell said.
When the officers confronted Scutt, he tried to gouge out one of the officer's eyes, Riddell said.
The officers struggled with Scutt who was taken into custody, Riddell said.
One officer was taken to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Terra Linda for treatment of an eye injury and pain in his neck and upper back, Riddell said.
The other officer suffered minor scrapes on a knee, Riddell said.
Scutt was booked into the Marin County jail under $50,000 bail for battery on a police officer and obstructing an executive officer, Riddell said.
Police will ask the Marin County District Attorney's Office to charge Scutt with attempted mayhem, Riddell said.
novato, crime, north bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- 2-alarm fire damages historic restaurant in Larkspur
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder 40 min ago
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon 47 min ago
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub 28 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos