North Bay News
Man killed in truck accident off Highway 101 near Sausalito
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A 62-year-old man was pronounced dead this morning after his pickup truck drove off northbound U.S. Highway 101 and struck a guardrail near Sausalito, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.
The incident was reported around 5:35 a.m. near the Sausalito-Marin City on-ramp, CHP Officer Eric Hohmeister said.
The truck, a 1988 Dodge Dakota, had apparently swerved to the right for an unknown reason and left the highway, crossed over the on-ramp, sideswiped a guardrail and went through a chain-link fence before coming to rest in a drainage canal, Hohmeister said.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene, although he had suffered no visible injuries, Hohmeister said. The CHP is investigating whether he experienced a medical problem prior to the crash.
There was minor to moderate damage to the truck, and there were no skids marks to indicate the driver applied the brakes, Hohmeister said.
sausalito, crash, highway 101, north bay news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire