North Bay News
Man killed in truck accident off Highway 101 near Sausalito
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A 62-year-old man was pronounced dead this morning after his pickup truck drove off northbound U.S. Highway 101 and struck a guardrail near Sausalito, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.
The incident was reported around 5:35 a.m. near the Sausalito-Marin City on-ramp, CHP Officer Eric Hohmeister said.
The truck, a 1988 Dodge Dakota, had apparently swerved to the right for an unknown reason and left the highway, crossed over the on-ramp, sideswiped a guardrail and went through a chain-link fence before coming to rest in a drainage canal, Hohmeister said.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene, although he had suffered no visible injuries, Hohmeister said. The CHP is investigating whether he experienced a medical problem prior to the crash.
There was minor to moderate damage to the truck, and there were no skids marks to indicate the driver applied the brakes, Hohmeister said.
sausalito, crash, highway 101, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos