North Bay News
Novato man pinned under truck dies at hospital
NOVATO, Calif. -- A Novato man who was pinned under his truck when it rolled onto him while he was repairing it earlier this month died Monday at Marin General Hospital, a Marin County coroner's office sergeant said.
The victim, Joel Meono, 44, died at 11:30 a.m. Monday, Sgt. Keith Boyd said.
Meono was fixing his 1992 Ford truck on Kelly Court around 3:30 p.m. on May 3 when the truck rolled backward, pinning Meono's upper torso under the front driver's side wheel, Novato police Lt. Keith Heiden said.
Novato firefighters responded when Meono's wife called for help, police said.
novato, north bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 28 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos