North Bay News
Novato man pinned under truck dies at hospital
NOVATO, Calif. -- A Novato man who was pinned under his truck when it rolled onto him while he was repairing it earlier this month died Monday at Marin General Hospital, a Marin County coroner's office sergeant said.
The victim, Joel Meono, 44, died at 11:30 a.m. Monday, Sgt. Keith Boyd said.
Meono was fixing his 1992 Ford truck on Kelly Court around 3:30 p.m. on May 3 when the truck rolled backward, pinning Meono's upper torso under the front driver's side wheel, Novato police Lt. Keith Heiden said.
Novato firefighters responded when Meono's wife called for help, police said.
novato, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 36 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 47 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 51 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 48 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 4 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 18 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 26 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the...
50 min ago