North Bay News
Authorities release name of woman found dead
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- The Sonoma County coroner's office has identified the Sonoma woman who was found dead in a Sonoma field Wednesday afternoon as 51-year-old Donna Spellman.
Spellman was reported missing by her family last weekend, sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said. She was last seen leaving her mother's house where she lived.
A passerby spotted her body in a field in the area of Fourth Street West and West McArthur Street, the sheriff's office said.
Spellman had mental health issues and foul play is not suspected, O'Leary said.
Her body was identified by her family and through fingerprints, O'Leary said.
There were no signs of trauma on Spellman's body and authorities suspect she might have overdosed on a drug, O'Leary said.
Sheriff's officials said the body had been there for about a week and was hidden by tall grass.
santa rosa, sonoma, crime, north bay news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast 45 min ago
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them 10 min ago
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos