North Bay News
Hash oil suspected of causing home explosion
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- An explosion at a house in Vacaville Thursday afternoon is believed to have started by residents who were processing hash oil from marijuana, a police sergeant said.
A neighbor who went to the house on Juniper Street after the explosion said the residents extinguished a small fire in a trash can in the kitchen, Sgt. Charlie Spruill said.
The residents asked the neighbor not to call police, Spruill said.
The explosion around 4:30 p.m. blew out the windows in the back of the residence and at the neighbor's house, and the neighbor decided to called police anyway, Spruill said.
Narcotics detectives were ighbor's house, and the neighbor decided to called police anyway, Spruill said.
Narcotics detectives were getting a warrant to search the house for drug manufacturing activity Thursday night, according to Spruill.
"We believe they were cooking hash oil and it exploded," Sgt. Jeff King said this morning.
Two male residents of the house were burned and were taken to a local hospital, but no arrests have been made, King said.
dents of the house were burned and were taken to a local hospital, but no arrests have been made, King said.
vacaville, explosion, marijuana, drugs, north bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 1 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 9 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 22 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
7 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos