North Bay News
Hash oil suspected of causing home explosion
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- An explosion at a house in Vacaville Thursday afternoon is believed to have started by residents who were processing hash oil from marijuana, a police sergeant said.
A neighbor who went to the house on Juniper Street after the explosion said the residents extinguished a small fire in a trash can in the kitchen, Sgt. Charlie Spruill said.
The residents asked the neighbor not to call police, Spruill said.
The explosion around 4:30 p.m. blew out the windows in the back of the residence and at the neighbor's house, and the neighbor decided to called police anyway, Spruill said.
Narcotics detectives were ighbor's house, and the neighbor decided to called police anyway, Spruill said.
Narcotics detectives were getting a warrant to search the house for drug manufacturing activity Thursday night, according to Spruill.
"We believe they were cooking hash oil and it exploded," Sgt. Jeff King said this morning.
Two male residents of the house were burned and were taken to a local hospital, but no arrests have been made, King said.
dents of the house were burned and were taken to a local hospital, but no arrests have been made, King said.
vacaville, explosion, marijuana, drugs, north bay news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 17 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
17 min ago