North Bay News
Hash oil suspected of causing home explosion
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- An explosion at a house in Vacaville Thursday afternoon is believed to have started by residents who were processing hash oil from marijuana, a police sergeant said.
A neighbor who went to the house on Juniper Street after the explosion said the residents extinguished a small fire in a trash can in the kitchen, Sgt. Charlie Spruill said.
The residents asked the neighbor not to call police, Spruill said.
The explosion around 4:30 p.m. blew out the windows in the back of the residence and at the neighbor's house, and the neighbor decided to called police anyway, Spruill said.
Narcotics detectives were ighbor's house, and the neighbor decided to called police anyway, Spruill said.
Narcotics detectives were getting a warrant to search the house for drug manufacturing activity Thursday night, according to Spruill.
"We believe they were cooking hash oil and it exploded," Sgt. Jeff King said this morning.
Two male residents of the house were burned and were taken to a local hospital, but no arrests have been made, King said.
dents of the house were burned and were taken to a local hospital, but no arrests have been made, King said.
vacaville, explosion, marijuana, drugs, north bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos