North Bay News
Infineon Raceway drops 'Infineon' from its name
Infineon Raceway is no longer going by that name today.
The raceway at state Highways 37 and 121 in southwest Sonoma County is ending its 10-year sponsorship agreement with Infineon Technologies and is pursuing a new partner to take over naming rights.
The raceway's vice president of communications and marketing John Cardinale said a name change will be made by late fall whether or not the raceway has a new partner.
Until then, the raceway's preferred names are the regional designation "Sonoma" or "formerly Infineon Raceway," according to raceway officials.
The raceway also has a new facility logo that highlights the Sonoma moniker, officials said.
infineon raceway, sonoma county, north bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan 57 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day 31 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved 52 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday