North Bay News
Infineon Raceway drops 'Infineon' from its name
Infineon Raceway is no longer going by that name today.
The raceway at state Highways 37 and 121 in southwest Sonoma County is ending its 10-year sponsorship agreement with Infineon Technologies and is pursuing a new partner to take over naming rights.
The raceway's vice president of communications and marketing John Cardinale said a name change will be made by late fall whether or not the raceway has a new partner.
Until then, the raceway's preferred names are the regional designation "Sonoma" or "formerly Infineon Raceway," according to raceway officials.
The raceway also has a new facility logo that highlights the Sonoma moniker, officials said.
infineon raceway, sonoma county, north bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos