North Bay News
Suspect arrested in stabbing of elderly Fairfield man
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police arrested a man suspected of stabbing and robbing an 84-year-old man in a motel room this week after the victim refused a woman's offer of sex for money, police announced Saturday.
The victim said the woman knocked on his door at the motel in the 2100 block of North Texas Street late Thursday evening or early Friday morning, Lt. Randall Boggs said.
When he refused the offer, a man forced his way into the room, beat the victim and stabbed him in the chest and arm, Boggs said. The suspect then fled with cash stolen from the victim, Boggs said.
Police announced the arrest of Damon Hamilton, for whom police had issued an arrest warrant on suspicion of attempted murder.
An officer familiar with Hamilton located him on Travis Boulevard near Union Avenue and arrested Hamilton without incident, police said.
Hamilton was booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of elder abuse, attempted murder and robbery, police said.
The victim was taken Friday to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, Boggs said.
Boggs said the victim did not call police but was discovered my motel staff when they contacted him about his room rent. The motel staff then called police, who responded at about 11 a.m..
Anyone with information is asked to call Fairfield police at (707) 428-7300 or Solano Crime Stoppers at (707) 644-STOP.
crime, fairfield, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos