North Bay News
Suspect arrested in stabbing of elderly Fairfield man
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police arrested a man suspected of stabbing and robbing an 84-year-old man in a motel room this week after the victim refused a woman's offer of sex for money, police announced Saturday.
The victim said the woman knocked on his door at the motel in the 2100 block of North Texas Street late Thursday evening or early Friday morning, Lt. Randall Boggs said.
When he refused the offer, a man forced his way into the room, beat the victim and stabbed him in the chest and arm, Boggs said. The suspect then fled with cash stolen from the victim, Boggs said.
Police announced the arrest of Damon Hamilton, for whom police had issued an arrest warrant on suspicion of attempted murder.
An officer familiar with Hamilton located him on Travis Boulevard near Union Avenue and arrested Hamilton without incident, police said.
Hamilton was booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of elder abuse, attempted murder and robbery, police said.
The victim was taken Friday to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, Boggs said.
Boggs said the victim did not call police but was discovered my motel staff when they contacted him about his room rent. The motel staff then called police, who responded at about 11 a.m..
Anyone with information is asked to call Fairfield police at (707) 428-7300 or Solano Crime Stoppers at (707) 644-STOP.
crime, fairfield, north bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday