North Bay News
Suspect arrested in stabbing of elderly Fairfield man
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Fairfield police arrested a man suspected of stabbing and robbing an 84-year-old man in a motel room this week after the victim refused a woman's offer of sex for money, police announced Saturday.
The victim said the woman knocked on his door at the motel in the 2100 block of North Texas Street late Thursday evening or early Friday morning, Lt. Randall Boggs said.
When he refused the offer, a man forced his way into the room, beat the victim and stabbed him in the chest and arm, Boggs said. The suspect then fled with cash stolen from the victim, Boggs said.
Police announced the arrest of Damon Hamilton, for whom police had issued an arrest warrant on suspicion of attempted murder.
An officer familiar with Hamilton located him on Travis Boulevard near Union Avenue and arrested Hamilton without incident, police said.
Hamilton was booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of elder abuse, attempted murder and robbery, police said.
The victim was taken Friday to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries, Boggs said.
Boggs said the victim did not call police but was discovered my motel staff when they contacted him about his room rent. The motel staff then called police, who responded at about 11 a.m..
Anyone with information is asked to call Fairfield police at (707) 428-7300 or Solano Crime Stoppers at (707) 644-STOP.
crime, fairfield, north bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 5 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Police investigating shooting in Richmond 45 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed