North Bay News
Penngrove couple arrested on suspicion of child cruelty
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A Penngrove couple charged with child cruelty is scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon in Sonoma County Superior Court.
Lyndsay Patricia Colula, 20, and Jesus Daniel Colula, 26, were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of inflicting severe physical abuse on their 18-month child, Sonoma County sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said.
The couple did not seek medical attention for at least a week for their child, who suffered a broken bone, several fractures, bruises and a contusion, O'Leary said.
The injuries were reported to the county's Child Protective Services after the infant went for a routine check-up, O'Leary said.
The baby was taken into protective custody after the visit to the doctor and then was taken to Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland where more injuries were discovered, O'Leary said.
When questioned, the couple could not give a plausible account for the severe injuries or why they neglected to provide immediate medical attention, O'Leary said.
The Colulas were booked in Sonoma County Jail on four counts of child cruelty and battery. They are being held under $35,000 bail.
sonoma county, crime, children, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 36 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
32 min ago