North Bay News
Penngrove couple arrested on suspicion of child cruelty
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A Penngrove couple charged with child cruelty is scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon in Sonoma County Superior Court.
Lyndsay Patricia Colula, 20, and Jesus Daniel Colula, 26, were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of inflicting severe physical abuse on their 18-month child, Sonoma County sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said.
The couple did not seek medical attention for at least a week for their child, who suffered a broken bone, several fractures, bruises and a contusion, O'Leary said.
The injuries were reported to the county's Child Protective Services after the infant went for a routine check-up, O'Leary said.
The baby was taken into protective custody after the visit to the doctor and then was taken to Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland where more injuries were discovered, O'Leary said.
When questioned, the couple could not give a plausible account for the severe injuries or why they neglected to provide immediate medical attention, O'Leary said.
The Colulas were booked in Sonoma County Jail on four counts of child cruelty and battery. They are being held under $35,000 bail.
sonoma county, crime, children, north bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos