North Bay News
Penngrove couple arrested on suspicion of child cruelty
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A Penngrove couple charged with child cruelty is scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon in Sonoma County Superior Court.
Lyndsay Patricia Colula, 20, and Jesus Daniel Colula, 26, were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of inflicting severe physical abuse on their 18-month child, Sonoma County sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said.
The couple did not seek medical attention for at least a week for their child, who suffered a broken bone, several fractures, bruises and a contusion, O'Leary said.
The injuries were reported to the county's Child Protective Services after the infant went for a routine check-up, O'Leary said.
The baby was taken into protective custody after the visit to the doctor and then was taken to Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland where more injuries were discovered, O'Leary said.
When questioned, the couple could not give a plausible account for the severe injuries or why they neglected to provide immediate medical attention, O'Leary said.
The Colulas were booked in Sonoma County Jail on four counts of child cruelty and battery. They are being held under $35,000 bail.
sonoma county, crime, children, north bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA 17 min ago
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos