North Bay News
Penngrove couple arrested on suspicion of child cruelty
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A Penngrove couple charged with child cruelty is scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon in Sonoma County Superior Court.
Lyndsay Patricia Colula, 20, and Jesus Daniel Colula, 26, were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of inflicting severe physical abuse on their 18-month child, Sonoma County sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said.
The couple did not seek medical attention for at least a week for their child, who suffered a broken bone, several fractures, bruises and a contusion, O'Leary said.
The injuries were reported to the county's Child Protective Services after the infant went for a routine check-up, O'Leary said.
The baby was taken into protective custody after the visit to the doctor and then was taken to Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland where more injuries were discovered, O'Leary said.
When questioned, the couple could not give a plausible account for the severe injuries or why they neglected to provide immediate medical attention, O'Leary said.
The Colulas were booked in Sonoma County Jail on four counts of child cruelty and battery. They are being held under $35,000 bail.
sonoma county, crime, children, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 28 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 21 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos