North Bay News
Brush fire at Tiburon open space contained
TIBURON, Calif. -- A vegetation fire in an open space area of Tiburon was contained Thursday afternoon before any homes or structures were threatened, a Marin County fire battalion chief said.
The fire was first reported at 3:24 p.m. near Reed Ranch Road, Battalion Chief Mike Giannini said.
The three-acre fire was contained by 4:15 p.m.
Firefighters remained at the scene as of 4:40 p.m., the battalion chief said. Nearby homes and structures were not threatened by the blaze.
tiburon, marin county, north bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday