North Bay News
Brush fire at Tiburon open space contained
TIBURON, Calif. -- A vegetation fire in an open space area of Tiburon was contained Thursday afternoon before any homes or structures were threatened, a Marin County fire battalion chief said.
The fire was first reported at 3:24 p.m. near Reed Ranch Road, Battalion Chief Mike Giannini said.
The three-acre fire was contained by 4:15 p.m.
Firefighters remained at the scene as of 4:40 p.m., the battalion chief said. Nearby homes and structures were not threatened by the blaze.
tiburon, marin county, north bay news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 54 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos