North Bay News
3.0 magnitude earthquake strikes near Geysers
-- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.0 struck near The Geysers in Sonoma County this afternoon, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The earthquake struck at about 1:30 p.m. at a depth of about 1.2 miles, according to the USGS.
The epicenter was about 1 mile northwest of The Geysers and 26 miles northwest of Santa Rosa.
earthquake, sonoma county, north bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos