North Bay News
3.0 magnitude earthquake strikes near Geysers
-- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.0 struck near The Geysers in Sonoma County this afternoon, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The earthquake struck at about 1:30 p.m. at a depth of about 1.2 miles, according to the USGS.
The epicenter was about 1 mile northwest of The Geysers and 26 miles northwest of Santa Rosa.
earthquake, sonoma county, north bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos