North Bay News
British contender vies for World's Ugliest Dog crown
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- The North Bay's annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest is getting its first contestant from across the pond.
Celebrity pooch Mugly and his owner, Bev Nicholson, arrived from Britain on Monday. Mugly, an 8-year-old Chinese crescent, has already been named Britain's ugliest dog. He's the first-ever British entry in the World's Ugliest Dog Contest, held every year at the Sonoma-Marin County Fair in Petaluma.
Mugly might have some stiff competition though. Icky, from Davis, is also vying for top dog honors. And Icky's owner, John Adler, has high hopes.
The contest is this Friday and first prize is $1,000.
Watch the video clip above for Wayne Freedman's full report on this year's contenders.
petaluma, sonoma county, marin county, animal, north bay news, wayne freedman
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member 42 min ago
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 12 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
13 min ago