North Bay News
British contender vies for World's Ugliest Dog crown
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- The North Bay's annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest is getting its first contestant from across the pond.
Celebrity pooch Mugly and his owner, Bev Nicholson, arrived from Britain on Monday. Mugly, an 8-year-old Chinese crescent, has already been named Britain's ugliest dog. He's the first-ever British entry in the World's Ugliest Dog Contest, held every year at the Sonoma-Marin County Fair in Petaluma.
Mugly might have some stiff competition though. Icky, from Davis, is also vying for top dog honors. And Icky's owner, John Adler, has high hopes.
The contest is this Friday and first prize is $1,000.
Watch the video clip above for Wayne Freedman's full report on this year's contenders.
petaluma, sonoma county, marin county, animal, north bay news, wayne freedman
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos