North Bay News
British contender vies for World's Ugliest Dog crown
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- The North Bay's annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest is getting its first contestant from across the pond.
Celebrity pooch Mugly and his owner, Bev Nicholson, arrived from Britain on Monday. Mugly, an 8-year-old Chinese crescent, has already been named Britain's ugliest dog. He's the first-ever British entry in the World's Ugliest Dog Contest, held every year at the Sonoma-Marin County Fair in Petaluma.
Mugly might have some stiff competition though. Icky, from Davis, is also vying for top dog honors. And Icky's owner, John Adler, has high hopes.
The contest is this Friday and first prize is $1,000.
Watch the video clip above for Wayne Freedman's full report on this year's contenders.
petaluma, sonoma county, marin county, animal, north bay news, wayne freedman
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 53 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike 2 min ago
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 14 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday