North Bay News
Man arrested on suspicion of 3 DUI hit-and-run crashes Friday
NAPA, Calif. -- A Yountville man was arrested on suspicion of multiple drunken hit-and-run crashes in Napa Friday night, police said.
The collision was reported in the 1400 block of Silverado Trail around 11:20 p.m. Friday, according to police.
Officers learned that at least two prior hit-and-run collisions along Silverado Trail had been reported and that a vehicle that had rolled over in one of those crashes could be responsible, police said.
Police said the first officer on the scene spotted someone running from the overturned vehicle toward the Napa River.
Additional responding officers set up a perimeter around the area and, with the help of a police K-9, located the suspect hiding in a creek bed near the river.
Police took 31-year-old Justin Mendoza into custody and determined that he was the registered owner of the overturned car and displayed symptoms of intoxication.
The Yountville resident was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for minor injuries before being booked into jail on suspicion of DUI and for allegedly causing three separate hit-and-run crashes.
DUI, napa, north bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos