North Bay News
Man arrested on suspicion of 3 DUI hit-and-run crashes Friday
NAPA, Calif. -- A Yountville man was arrested on suspicion of multiple drunken hit-and-run crashes in Napa Friday night, police said.
The collision was reported in the 1400 block of Silverado Trail around 11:20 p.m. Friday, according to police.
Officers learned that at least two prior hit-and-run collisions along Silverado Trail had been reported and that a vehicle that had rolled over in one of those crashes could be responsible, police said.
Police said the first officer on the scene spotted someone running from the overturned vehicle toward the Napa River.
Additional responding officers set up a perimeter around the area and, with the help of a police K-9, located the suspect hiding in a creek bed near the river.
Police took 31-year-old Justin Mendoza into custody and determined that he was the registered owner of the overturned car and displayed symptoms of intoxication.
The Yountville resident was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for minor injuries before being booked into jail on suspicion of DUI and for allegedly causing three separate hit-and-run crashes.
DUI, napa, north bay news
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack 12 min ago
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- SF taxi driver chokes, robs passenger over tip
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday