North Bay News
Man arrested on suspicion of 3 DUI hit-and-run crashes Friday
NAPA, Calif. -- A Yountville man was arrested on suspicion of multiple drunken hit-and-run crashes in Napa Friday night, police said.
The collision was reported in the 1400 block of Silverado Trail around 11:20 p.m. Friday, according to police.
Officers learned that at least two prior hit-and-run collisions along Silverado Trail had been reported and that a vehicle that had rolled over in one of those crashes could be responsible, police said.
Police said the first officer on the scene spotted someone running from the overturned vehicle toward the Napa River.
Additional responding officers set up a perimeter around the area and, with the help of a police K-9, located the suspect hiding in a creek bed near the river.
Police took 31-year-old Justin Mendoza into custody and determined that he was the registered owner of the overturned car and displayed symptoms of intoxication.
The Yountville resident was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for minor injuries before being booked into jail on suspicion of DUI and for allegedly causing three separate hit-and-run crashes.
DUI, napa, north bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 10 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
12 min ago