North Bay News
Man arrested on suspicion of 3 DUI hit-and-run crashes Friday
NAPA, Calif. -- A Yountville man was arrested on suspicion of multiple drunken hit-and-run crashes in Napa Friday night, police said.
The collision was reported in the 1400 block of Silverado Trail around 11:20 p.m. Friday, according to police.
Officers learned that at least two prior hit-and-run collisions along Silverado Trail had been reported and that a vehicle that had rolled over in one of those crashes could be responsible, police said.
Police said the first officer on the scene spotted someone running from the overturned vehicle toward the Napa River.
Additional responding officers set up a perimeter around the area and, with the help of a police K-9, located the suspect hiding in a creek bed near the river.
Police took 31-year-old Justin Mendoza into custody and determined that he was the registered owner of the overturned car and displayed symptoms of intoxication.
The Yountville resident was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for minor injuries before being booked into jail on suspicion of DUI and for allegedly causing three separate hit-and-run crashes.
DUI, napa, north bay news
- 1 dead, 16 injured in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos