North Bay News
1 killed in overturn crash on HWY 101 near Sonoma
SONOMA, Calif. -- One person was killed in a crash on U.S. Highway 101 in Marin County this morning, a California Patrol Officer said.
The crash was reported on northbound Highway 101 just south of the Sonoma County line at about 7:45 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
The male driver and sole occupant of a vehicle apparently lost control and overturned, Cakebread said.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
No other vehicles appeared to have been involved.
A Sig-alert was issued at 9:54 a.m. and traffic was backed up about two miles from the scene of the crash.
sonoma, crash, north bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos