North Bay News
1 killed in overturn crash on HWY 101 near Sonoma
SONOMA, Calif. -- One person was killed in a crash on U.S. Highway 101 in Marin County this morning, a California Patrol Officer said.
The crash was reported on northbound Highway 101 just south of the Sonoma County line at about 7:45 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
The male driver and sole occupant of a vehicle apparently lost control and overturned, Cakebread said.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
No other vehicles appeared to have been involved.
A Sig-alert was issued at 9:54 a.m. and traffic was backed up about two miles from the scene of the crash.
sonoma, crash, north bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos