North Bay News
1 killed in overturn crash on HWY 101 near Sonoma
SONOMA, Calif. -- One person was killed in a crash on U.S. Highway 101 in Marin County this morning, a California Patrol Officer said.
The crash was reported on northbound Highway 101 just south of the Sonoma County line at about 7:45 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
The male driver and sole occupant of a vehicle apparently lost control and overturned, Cakebread said.
The driver was declared dead at the scene.
No other vehicles appeared to have been involved.
A Sig-alert was issued at 9:54 a.m. and traffic was backed up about two miles from the scene of the crash.
sonoma, crash, north bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 12 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday