North Bay News
Fairfield teen stabbed, kicked by four men
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- One man was stabbed and another injured when they were attacked by as many as four men in Fairfield on Saturday night, according to police.
Officers responded to a report of a stabbing in a parking lot in the 1400 block of Phoenix Drive at about 9:40 p.m., according to Fairfield police.
Arriving officers found an 18-year-old man who said he had been approached by two suspects between 18 and 20 years old, who asked him if he knew where to buy marijuana, police said.
When the victim said he didn't, the suspects chased him through a parking lot to the rear of an apartment building, where a second victim, 23 years old, was being attacked by two other suspects, police said.
A fight ensued, during which the 18-year-old man was stabbed, punched and kicked, police said.
Residents of the apartment building called 911.
The stabbing victim was taken to a hospital and reported to be in stable condition, police said. His injuries were not considered life threatening.
The second victim was not stabbed but was taken to a hospital to be treated for moderate injuries.
The four suspects climbed over a chain link fence and ran off toward Suisun City.
They were all described as 18 to 20 years old, ranging in height from 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet tall, and weighing between 150 and 170 pounds. They were last seen wearing dark clothing.
One of the victims told police he used to associate with gang members, but it had not been determined if Saturday's attack was gang related.
crime, fairfield, north bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 49 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 53 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 3 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
49 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
53 min ago