North Bay News
Fairfield man shot in his torso; suspect flees
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A Fairfield man standing outside an apartment building Wednesday night suffered a single gunshot wound to his torso, police said.
The 23-year-old victim told police he was outside a building in the 1100 block of Dana Drive when multiple shots were fired in his direction. Several bullets also struck the building and it is undetermined whether the gunfire was intended for the victim or another target.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment, police said.
The suspect was last seen running away from the scene of the crime, police said. He has been described as a black male wearing all black clothing.
Detectives and crime scene personnel canvassed the neighborhood for witnesses and processed the scene for evidence, police said.
No suspect or cause for the shooting has been identified. The shooting is under investigation, but police said there is no indication that the violence is gang-related.
fairfield, crime, shooting, north bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 29 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos