North Bay News
8-alarm brush fire burns over 50 acres in Vacaville
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- A brush fire has burned more than 50 acres of unincorporated Solano County northwest of Vacaville this afternoon, a Cal Fire spokeswoman said.
The fire was reported at about 2:25 p.m. near Wes Ranch Lane and Ciarlo Lane, Cal Fire spokeswoman Jennifer Neal said.
Firefighters were believed to have gained the upper hand and the fire was no longer growing as of 3:45 p.m., Neal said.
Some structures had been threatened but were no longer considered to be in danger, Neal said.
No injuries have been reported.
vacaville, wildfire, north bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 45 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 32 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday