North Bay News
8-alarm brush fire burns over 50 acres in Vacaville
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- A brush fire has burned more than 50 acres of unincorporated Solano County northwest of Vacaville this afternoon, a Cal Fire spokeswoman said.
The fire was reported at about 2:25 p.m. near Wes Ranch Lane and Ciarlo Lane, Cal Fire spokeswoman Jennifer Neal said.
Firefighters were believed to have gained the upper hand and the fire was no longer growing as of 3:45 p.m., Neal said.
Some structures had been threatened but were no longer considered to be in danger, Neal said.
No injuries have been reported.
vacaville, wildfire, north bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday