North Bay News
Cigarette suspected of causing house fire
NAPA, Calif. -- Six residents escaped a fire at a three-story house in Napa early Monday morning, a fire investigator said.
One of the residents smelled smoke and alerted the other tenants of the home at 583 Madison St., fire investigator Jeff Taylor said.
Firefighters from Napa and Cal Fire responded at 12:18 a.m.
The two-alarm fire is believed to have been sparked by a cigarette left on the front porch, Taylor said. It was controlled within 30 minutes, and there were no injuries.
Firefighters had to avoid a fallen power line that was arcing in front of the house when they arrived, Taylor said. They were at the scene until about 4:45 a.m.
napa, fire, north bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday