North Bay News
Body of missing San Rafael hiker found
The body of a San Rafael man who disappeared while hiking in the Sierra Nevada has been found, a spokeswoman for Sequoia and Kings Canyon Nation Parks said.
The body, found in the Inyo National Forest, was positively identified as that of 31-year-old Thomas Heng, spokeswoman Dana Dierkes said.
Heng was last seen around 1 p.m. Sunday while on a day hike to Mount Langley, Dierkes said. He had been hiking with others but had separated from the group.
Search-and-rescue teams from the Inyo County Sheriff's Office and Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks led the search for Heng, Dierkes said.
No other information was immediately available this morning.
missing person, san rafael, north bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos