North Bay News
Body of missing San Rafael hiker found
The body of a San Rafael man who disappeared while hiking in the Sierra Nevada has been found, a spokeswoman for Sequoia and Kings Canyon Nation Parks said.
The body, found in the Inyo National Forest, was positively identified as that of 31-year-old Thomas Heng, spokeswoman Dana Dierkes said.
Heng was last seen around 1 p.m. Sunday while on a day hike to Mount Langley, Dierkes said. He had been hiking with others but had separated from the group.
Search-and-rescue teams from the Inyo County Sheriff's Office and Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks led the search for Heng, Dierkes said.
No other information was immediately available this morning.
missing person, san rafael, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday