North Bay News
Smelly tap water has residents concerned
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Water coming out of the tap in Marin County is smelling funky, but officials say it should dissipate in the next few days.
The district blames the smell on algae blossoming in its reservoirs because of the warm, sunny weather.Crews were out on Tuesday treating the reservoirs and Stafford Lake, with safe, algae killing chemicals. San Geronimo and Ross Valley residents have filed the most complaints. Officials say while the water tastes 'off,' it's perfectly safe.
water, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 22 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney 41 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos