North Bay News
Smelly tap water has residents concerned
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Water coming out of the tap in Marin County is smelling funky, but officials say it should dissipate in the next few days.
The district blames the smell on algae blossoming in its reservoirs because of the warm, sunny weather.Crews were out on Tuesday treating the reservoirs and Stafford Lake, with safe, algae killing chemicals. San Geronimo and Ross Valley residents have filed the most complaints. Officials say while the water tastes 'off,' it's perfectly safe.
water, north bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 33 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday