North Bay News
Bomb squad detonates grenade at mobile home park
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The Napa County sheriff's bomb squad detonated a grenade that was found at a Vallejo mobile home park Wednesday morning while deputies were executing a search warrant related to a theft investigation.
The sheriff's office served eight search warrants in connection with auto burglaries, attempted vehicle thefts and other crimes that occurred at Lake Berryessa on July 7, sheriff's Capt. Tracey Stuart said.
Five of the warrants were served in Vallejo, two in Benicia and one in Walnut Creek, Stuart said.
Stuart said the grenade was found in a residence at 203 Mobile Lane in Vallejo, in the Newell Mobile Home Park.
A resident of the mobile home park said part of the park was evacuated Wednesday morning.
Stuart said arrests have been made in connection with the Lake Berryessa crimes, and that more details will be released this afternoon.
vallejo, explosion, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday