North Bay News
Bomb squad detonates grenade at mobile home park
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The Napa County sheriff's bomb squad detonated a grenade that was found at a Vallejo mobile home park Wednesday morning while deputies were executing a search warrant related to a theft investigation.
The sheriff's office served eight search warrants in connection with auto burglaries, attempted vehicle thefts and other crimes that occurred at Lake Berryessa on July 7, sheriff's Capt. Tracey Stuart said.
Five of the warrants were served in Vallejo, two in Benicia and one in Walnut Creek, Stuart said.
Stuart said the grenade was found in a residence at 203 Mobile Lane in Vallejo, in the Newell Mobile Home Park.
A resident of the mobile home park said part of the park was evacuated Wednesday morning.
Stuart said arrests have been made in connection with the Lake Berryessa crimes, and that more details will be released this afternoon.
vallejo, explosion, north bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire 40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos