North Bay News
Bomb squad detonates grenade at mobile home park
VALLEJO, Calif. -- The Napa County sheriff's bomb squad detonated a grenade that was found at a Vallejo mobile home park Wednesday morning while deputies were executing a search warrant related to a theft investigation.
The sheriff's office served eight search warrants in connection with auto burglaries, attempted vehicle thefts and other crimes that occurred at Lake Berryessa on July 7, sheriff's Capt. Tracey Stuart said.
Five of the warrants were served in Vallejo, two in Benicia and one in Walnut Creek, Stuart said.
Stuart said the grenade was found in a residence at 203 Mobile Lane in Vallejo, in the Newell Mobile Home Park.
A resident of the mobile home park said part of the park was evacuated Wednesday morning.
Stuart said arrests have been made in connection with the Lake Berryessa crimes, and that more details will be released this afternoon.
vallejo, explosion, north bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 15 min ago
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California 34 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders 12 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San... 26 min ago
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- America's Cup teams practice on San...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos