North Bay News
Two inmates escape from Sonoma Co. detention center
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- Two inmates escaped from the North County Detention Facility in Sonoma County on Wednesday night, according to the sheriff's office.
Around 9:30 p.m., the two inmates made it past security fencing and fled, while a third suspect attempted to escape but was apprehended, sheriff's officials said.
The detention facility is located at 2254 Ordinance Road, near the Sonoma County Airport.
The inmates have been identified as Serefino Uriel Gonzalez, 42, and Rene Solorio Leon, 22, both of Santa Rosa.
Gonzalez is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall and roughly 200 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and a goatee and mustache.
Leon is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and about 200 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and a moustache.
Both inmates were last seen wearing blue denim shirts and blue jeans with jail markings.
They were serving sentences for drug and alcohol violations.
The inmates should be considered dangerous. Anyone who sees them is asked to call the Sonoma County sheriff's dispatch line at (707) 565-2121.
sonoma county, crime, inmates, north bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 14 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 11 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos