North Bay News
Two inmates escape from Sonoma Co. detention center
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- Two inmates escaped from the North County Detention Facility in Sonoma County on Wednesday night, according to the sheriff's office.
Around 9:30 p.m., the two inmates made it past security fencing and fled, while a third suspect attempted to escape but was apprehended, sheriff's officials said.
The detention facility is located at 2254 Ordinance Road, near the Sonoma County Airport.
The inmates have been identified as Serefino Uriel Gonzalez, 42, and Rene Solorio Leon, 22, both of Santa Rosa.
Gonzalez is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall and roughly 200 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and a goatee and mustache.
Leon is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and about 200 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and a moustache.
Both inmates were last seen wearing blue denim shirts and blue jeans with jail markings.
They were serving sentences for drug and alcohol violations.
The inmates should be considered dangerous. Anyone who sees them is asked to call the Sonoma County sheriff's dispatch line at (707) 565-2121.
sonoma county, crime, inmates, north bay news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 50 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 29 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos