North Bay News
Two inmates escape from Sonoma Co. detention center
SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- Two inmates escaped from the North County Detention Facility in Sonoma County on Wednesday night, according to the sheriff's office.
Around 9:30 p.m., the two inmates made it past security fencing and fled, while a third suspect attempted to escape but was apprehended, sheriff's officials said.
The detention facility is located at 2254 Ordinance Road, near the Sonoma County Airport.
The inmates have been identified as Serefino Uriel Gonzalez, 42, and Rene Solorio Leon, 22, both of Santa Rosa.
Gonzalez is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall and roughly 200 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and a goatee and mustache.
Leon is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and about 200 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and a moustache.
Both inmates were last seen wearing blue denim shirts and blue jeans with jail markings.
They were serving sentences for drug and alcohol violations.
The inmates should be considered dangerous. Anyone who sees them is asked to call the Sonoma County sheriff's dispatch line at (707) 565-2121.
sonoma county, crime, inmates, north bay news
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- SF taxi driver chokes, robs passenger over tip
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland kicks off summer food program for...
53 min ago