North Bay News
Pair arrested on suspicion of stealing copper wire
PETALUMA, Calif. -- Two men were arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of stealing copper wire from a PG&E yard in Petaluma, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person in the yard, located at 210 Corona Road, around 12:45 a.m., police said. They surrounded the yard and located the suspects just outside of the property's fencing.
The officers determined that the suspects had stolen several pieces of copper wire from a locked storage container in the yard, according to police.
The two suspects, 29-year-old Cotati resident Anthony Magda and 41-year-old Jeffrey Crespo, were arrested on suspicion of burglary and possession of stolen property. Magda was also arrested in connection with a July case in which he allegedly stole two mountain bikes, police said.
Both suspects were taken to Sonoma County Jail.
PG&E, crime, north bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 46 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 46 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 45 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 53 min ago