North Bay News
Pair arrested on suspicion of stealing copper wire
PETALUMA, Calif. -- Two men were arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of stealing copper wire from a PG&E yard in Petaluma, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person in the yard, located at 210 Corona Road, around 12:45 a.m., police said. They surrounded the yard and located the suspects just outside of the property's fencing.
The officers determined that the suspects had stolen several pieces of copper wire from a locked storage container in the yard, according to police.
The two suspects, 29-year-old Cotati resident Anthony Magda and 41-year-old Jeffrey Crespo, were arrested on suspicion of burglary and possession of stolen property. Magda was also arrested in connection with a July case in which he allegedly stole two mountain bikes, police said.
Both suspects were taken to Sonoma County Jail.
PG&E, crime, north bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced 49 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home 52 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 36 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
19 min ago
- Vernon's View: "When we play them it's...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos