North Bay News
Pair arrested on suspicion of stealing copper wire
PETALUMA, Calif. -- Two men were arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of stealing copper wire from a PG&E yard in Petaluma, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person in the yard, located at 210 Corona Road, around 12:45 a.m., police said. They surrounded the yard and located the suspects just outside of the property's fencing.
The officers determined that the suspects had stolen several pieces of copper wire from a locked storage container in the yard, according to police.
The two suspects, 29-year-old Cotati resident Anthony Magda and 41-year-old Jeffrey Crespo, were arrested on suspicion of burglary and possession of stolen property. Magda was also arrested in connection with a July case in which he allegedly stole two mountain bikes, police said.
Both suspects were taken to Sonoma County Jail.
PG&E, crime, north bay news
- Supreme Court could issue Prop 8, DOMA rulings 10 min ago
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday