North Bay News
Pair arrested on suspicion of stealing copper wire
PETALUMA, Calif. -- Two men were arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of stealing copper wire from a PG&E yard in Petaluma, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person in the yard, located at 210 Corona Road, around 12:45 a.m., police said. They surrounded the yard and located the suspects just outside of the property's fencing.
The officers determined that the suspects had stolen several pieces of copper wire from a locked storage container in the yard, according to police.
The two suspects, 29-year-old Cotati resident Anthony Magda and 41-year-old Jeffrey Crespo, were arrested on suspicion of burglary and possession of stolen property. Magda was also arrested in connection with a July case in which he allegedly stole two mountain bikes, police said.
Both suspects were taken to Sonoma County Jail.
PG&E, crime, north bay news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 11 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 14 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos