North Bay News
Patient attacks worker at Napa State Hospital
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities are investigating another attack on a worker at Napa State Hospital. A patient tried to choke a male psychiatric technician last night.
It happened just two days after ABC7 News reported about the new safety measures to protect employees. Lanyards are alarms that can be easily triggered, but there are concerns the lanyards pose a choking danger. ABC7 News has learned that's exactly what happened. The patient grabbed the lanyard and tried to choke the worker. He was sent to the hospital, but we're told he was not seriously injured.
napa, napa state hospital, north bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire 43 min ago
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots 59 min ago
- Woman attacked by girls on Muni Metro train
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: 'Night Stalker's' cause of death; CA water
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist...
59 min ago