North Bay News
Patient attacks worker at Napa State Hospital
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities are investigating another attack on a worker at Napa State Hospital. A patient tried to choke a male psychiatric technician last night.
It happened just two days after ABC7 News reported about the new safety measures to protect employees. Lanyards are alarms that can be easily triggered, but there are concerns the lanyards pose a choking danger. ABC7 News has learned that's exactly what happened. The patient grabbed the lanyard and tried to choke the worker. He was sent to the hospital, but we're told he was not seriously injured.
napa, napa state hospital, north bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 17 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 16 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
16 min ago