North Bay News
Teens arrested for burglary in Fairfield
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Two teens were arrested in Fairfield Saturday evening after a resident spotted them running through his backyard, police said.
A resident in the 700 block of Wren Court reported the trespassing pair around 5:45 p.m. Saturday, according to police.
When the resident went into his backyard, he found a laptop computer and a game console, police said.
That prompted officers to search the neighborhood for the suspects. During that search, other nearby residents reported two people running through their backyards and jumping fences.
A canvass of the area revealed that a home in the 700 block of San Remo Street had been burglarized. Somone had taken stolen property from the home and put it in the residence's backyard, police said.
Police said the homeowners confirmed the property in their backyard as well as items found in other nearby backyards had been stolen from their home.
The investigation led to the arrest of two 14-year-old Fairfield boys on suspicion of burglary and conspiracy. Both were booked into Juvenile Hall.
Police credited the neighborhood residents who assisted in the case by quickly reporting the suspicious activity.
fairfield, crime, north bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"... 58 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
2 min ago