North Bay News
Teens arrested for burglary in Fairfield
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Two teens were arrested in Fairfield Saturday evening after a resident spotted them running through his backyard, police said.
A resident in the 700 block of Wren Court reported the trespassing pair around 5:45 p.m. Saturday, according to police.
When the resident went into his backyard, he found a laptop computer and a game console, police said.
That prompted officers to search the neighborhood for the suspects. During that search, other nearby residents reported two people running through their backyards and jumping fences.
A canvass of the area revealed that a home in the 700 block of San Remo Street had been burglarized. Somone had taken stolen property from the home and put it in the residence's backyard, police said.
Police said the homeowners confirmed the property in their backyard as well as items found in other nearby backyards had been stolen from their home.
The investigation led to the arrest of two 14-year-old Fairfield boys on suspicion of burglary and conspiracy. Both were booked into Juvenile Hall.
Police credited the neighborhood residents who assisted in the case by quickly reporting the suspicious activity.
fairfield, crime, north bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday