North Bay News
Popular Six Flags orca moves to Southern California
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- A beloved Bay Area orca is now calling Southern California her home.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo announced Monday morning Shouka has been safely flown to SeaWorld in San Diego.
The 19-year-old female killer whale arrived at Six Flags in 2004 and was very popular with visitors.
The move was made so she could be with other orcas. She was not getting along with her dolphin companion in Vallejo.
southern california, animal, whale, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 35 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos