North Bay News
Three killed in crash near Sonoma County line
Three people were killed and four others injured in a crash on U.S. Highway 101 in Mendocino County north of Cloverdale late Thursday morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
A silver Honda sedan was heading south on the highway at an unknown speed when the driver lost control and crossed over the asphalt center median at about 11:45 a.m., CHP Officer Steve Krul said.
The Honda went into oncoming traffic on the other side of the highway and was broadsided by a northbound Chevrolet Tahoe, he said.
A man, woman and an infant in the Honda were killed, and a toddler in the Honda was flown to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, Krul said.
The female driver of the Tahoe and a female juvenile passenger were flown to the Ukiah Valley Medical Center, and a male juvenile passenger was flown to Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland, Krul said.
The crash initially closed the highway in both directions, but one lane in each direction had reopened as of 3:15 p.m., Krul said.
crash, highway 101, cloverdale, mendocino county, sonoma, CHP, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday