North Bay News
Vacaville brush fire distracts drivers on I-80
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Vacaville firefighters battled a 50-acre brush fire Thursday night. Shifting winds were hampering their efforts.
Drivers on Interstate 80 were getting distracted by the flames and smoke.
The fire broke out just after 7:30 p.m., near Pleasants Valley and Cherry Glen roads. Pleasants Valley Road was closed between Cherry Glen and Foothill, but no homes were threatened.
Firefighters saythey had the fire fully contained by 11 p.m., but said they would keep crews on the scene all night.
There's no word on what caused the fire.
vacaville, brush fire, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 30 min ago
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 2 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos