North Bay News
Vacaville brush fire distracts drivers on I-80
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- Vacaville firefighters battled a 50-acre brush fire Thursday night. Shifting winds were hampering their efforts.
Drivers on Interstate 80 were getting distracted by the flames and smoke.
The fire broke out just after 7:30 p.m., near Pleasants Valley and Cherry Glen roads. Pleasants Valley Road was closed between Cherry Glen and Foothill, but no homes were threatened.
Firefighters saythey had the fire fully contained by 11 p.m., but said they would keep crews on the scene all night.
There's no word on what caused the fire.
vacaville, brush fire, north bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF 20 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 17 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 34 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos