North Bay News
Teen arrested for dui, drug and gun possession after allegedly causing crash
VALLEJO, Calif. -- A teen who police believe caused a crash in Vallejo Saturday night was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, weapons and drug possession, a police lieutenant said.
"It turned out to be quite the fiasco," Lt. Kenny Park said. The 18-year-old was driving around 9:50 p.m. at the busy intersection of Georgia and Steffan streets when he attempted to make a turn in front of another vehicle heading in the same direction, causing a collision, Park said.
A police officer transporting a suspect to Juvenile Hall was driving in the area at the time and witnessed the crash, Park said.
Witnesses at the scene told the officer that the driver of the car that caused the crash had pulled something out of his waistband, wrapped it in a sweater and handed it to a passenger to discard, the lieutenant said.
Park said police quickly located the sweater in some nearby bushes, along with a loaded gun and a bag of heroin.
The teenage driver, Vallejo resident Daniel Clough, was arrested for alleged drunken driving after it was determined that he was intoxicated. Clough, who is on probation for a prior drug offense, was also arrested on suspicion of possession of a loaded firearm, drug possession and for allegedly driving without a license, Park said.
He was cleared for injuries at a local hospital and booked into county jail, Park said. The two passengers in the car, a 51-year-old man and 19-year-old man, were both arrested for public drunkenness.
Police discovered that the woman driving the car struck by Clough was also unlicensed. She was cited, treated for complaints of pain and released. Three passengers in that car, including two children, were uninjured, Park said.
crash, vallejo, guns, DUI, north bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF 18 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student 19 min ago
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos