North Bay News
Teen arrested for dui, drug and gun possession after allegedly causing crash
VALLEJO, Calif. -- A teen who police believe caused a crash in Vallejo Saturday night was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, weapons and drug possession, a police lieutenant said.
"It turned out to be quite the fiasco," Lt. Kenny Park said. The 18-year-old was driving around 9:50 p.m. at the busy intersection of Georgia and Steffan streets when he attempted to make a turn in front of another vehicle heading in the same direction, causing a collision, Park said.
A police officer transporting a suspect to Juvenile Hall was driving in the area at the time and witnessed the crash, Park said.
Witnesses at the scene told the officer that the driver of the car that caused the crash had pulled something out of his waistband, wrapped it in a sweater and handed it to a passenger to discard, the lieutenant said.
Park said police quickly located the sweater in some nearby bushes, along with a loaded gun and a bag of heroin.
The teenage driver, Vallejo resident Daniel Clough, was arrested for alleged drunken driving after it was determined that he was intoxicated. Clough, who is on probation for a prior drug offense, was also arrested on suspicion of possession of a loaded firearm, drug possession and for allegedly driving without a license, Park said.
He was cleared for injuries at a local hospital and booked into county jail, Park said. The two passengers in the car, a 51-year-old man and 19-year-old man, were both arrested for public drunkenness.
Police discovered that the woman driving the car struck by Clough was also unlicensed. She was cited, treated for complaints of pain and released. Three passengers in that car, including two children, were uninjured, Park said.
crash, vallejo, guns, DUI, north bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire