North Bay News
Mother shot, injured in front of 3 children
VALLEJO, Calif. -- A mother was shot in front of her three young children in Vallejo Saturday afternoon, a police lieutenant said.
Around 4:25 p.m. Saturday, an unknown armed man approached a 36-year-old woman in the 100 block of Kathy Ellen Drive as she stood just outside of a car containing her three children and a 23-year-old man, Lt. Kenny Park said.
The armed man fired several rounds, striking the mother in the leg, and injuring the 23-year-old with debris.
The shooter, described only as an armed black man wearing a black hoodie and black ski mask, fled the scene and remains at large, the lieutenant said.
The male victim, who suffered superficial wounds, drove himself and the children away from the scene of the shooting to a local hospital. None of the children, aged 3, 7 and 9, were hurt, Park said.
The children's mother was also taken to a local hospital, where she was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police have not determined a motive for the shooting and do not have any further suspect information.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to call Vallejo police at (800) 488-9383 or to an anonymous tip line at (707) 644-7867.
vallejo, shooting, children, north bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 38 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday