North Bay News
Mother shot, injured in front of 3 children
VALLEJO, Calif. -- A mother was shot in front of her three young children in Vallejo Saturday afternoon, a police lieutenant said.
Around 4:25 p.m. Saturday, an unknown armed man approached a 36-year-old woman in the 100 block of Kathy Ellen Drive as she stood just outside of a car containing her three children and a 23-year-old man, Lt. Kenny Park said.
The armed man fired several rounds, striking the mother in the leg, and injuring the 23-year-old with debris.
The shooter, described only as an armed black man wearing a black hoodie and black ski mask, fled the scene and remains at large, the lieutenant said.
The male victim, who suffered superficial wounds, drove himself and the children away from the scene of the shooting to a local hospital. None of the children, aged 3, 7 and 9, were hurt, Park said.
The children's mother was also taken to a local hospital, where she was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police have not determined a motive for the shooting and do not have any further suspect information.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to call Vallejo police at (800) 488-9383 or to an anonymous tip line at (707) 644-7867.
vallejo, shooting, children, north bay news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 52 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday