North Bay News
High speed chase ends in crash at school
VALLEJO (KGO) -- Vallejo police captured two suspects after a wild, high speed chase down Highway 680 Thursday night. It started as a traffic stop in Vallejo, continued onto the highway, and ended in Pleasant Hill with police opening fire, their bullet striking Fair Oaks Elementary school.
Officials say the police officers tried to pull over two men in a truck when the driver took off, and the high speed chase ensued. The two men were reportedly throwing items out of the car while traveling down the highway.They eventually drove in front of Fair Oaks Elementary School where Vallejo police Sgt. Kelly Schroeder said the barriers stopped them, "At which point the driver ran out of the car, made a gesture to the officer and he fired one shot at him, and they were taken into custody without further incident."
The bullet went into a building at the school. No one was injured in the shooting. Police say the damage has been repaired and the school will be open on Friday. The two men were arrested and taken into custody.
vallejo, shooting, pleasant hill, north bay news, ama daetz
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 55 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 23 min ago
- Deep freeze grips most of United States 21 min ago
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders 8 min ago
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M 52 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback 59 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 41 min ago
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday 4 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
21 min ago