North Bay News
High speed chase ends in crash at school
VALLEJO (KGO) -- Vallejo police captured two suspects after a wild, high speed chase down Highway 680 Thursday night. It started as a traffic stop in Vallejo, continued onto the highway, and ended in Pleasant Hill with police opening fire, their bullet striking Fair Oaks Elementary school.
Officials say the police officers tried to pull over two men in a truck when the driver took off, and the high speed chase ensued. The two men were reportedly throwing items out of the car while traveling down the highway.They eventually drove in front of Fair Oaks Elementary School where Vallejo police Sgt. Kelly Schroeder said the barriers stopped them, "At which point the driver ran out of the car, made a gesture to the officer and he fired one shot at him, and they were taken into custody without further incident."
The bullet went into a building at the school. No one was injured in the shooting. Police say the damage has been repaired and the school will be open on Friday. The two men were arrested and taken into custody.
vallejo, shooting, pleasant hill, north bay news, ama daetz
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game 34 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying 35 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Firework thrown into bleachers during...
34 min ago