North Bay News
Two men arrested for Novato robbery
NOVATO, Calif. -- Novato police arrested two men Thursday night on suspicion of robbing a man in a McDonald's parking lot, a police sergeant said.
The 20-year-old Novato man said two men approached him around 10:30 p.m. outside the restaurant in the 5600 block of Nave Drive and asked if wanted to buy a CD, Sgt. Sophia Winter said.
When the man produced money for the CD, the two suspects struck him and knocked him to the ground. The suspects then fled the parking lot in a dark-colored Jeep with cash and the victim's car keys, Winter said.
The victim suffered minor injuries that did not require medical treatment.
Novato police officers eventually spotted a dark-colored Jeep Cherokee driving on Bolling Drive, stopped the vehicle and contacted the occupants, Winter said.
The victim positively identified the suspects who assaulted and robbed him, Winter said.
Police arrested Joseph Tracey Jean, 18, and Reinaldo B. Martinez, 20, both of Novato, on suspicion of robbery, Winter said.
novato, north bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 13 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday