North Bay News
San Rafael woman heir to $7 million fortune
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Rafael woman may be the only heir to a Nevada man's hidden fortune discovered inside his home after he died.
When 69-year-old recluse Walter Samaszko Jr., was found dead of heart failure inside his Carson City home, a realtor made an astounding discovery. The apparent survivalist had stashed away ammunition boxes filled with $20 gold coins. Their weight alone is valued at more than $7 million.
The relative in San Rafael is waiting for the courts to decide how much of it she'll get to keep after the IRS takes its share.
san rafael, north bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 39 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SF police launch distracted walking campaign
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla....
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos