North Bay News
Man charged with felony drunk driving after 4th DUI
CORTE MADERA, Calif. -- Silvestre Resendiz-Resendiz, 31, of San Rafael, was booked on felony DUI charges Sunday after being arrested for driving under the influence for the fourth time since 2005, according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP officers allegedly observed Resendiz-Resendiz's 1998 Chevy Silverado roll through a stop sign at the intersection of Paradise Drive and San Clemente Drive in Corte Madera at 3:39 a.m. Sunday. When they pulled him over, they noticed signs of alcohol intoxication, according to CHP reports.
After a chemical test, the officers determined that Resendiz-Resendiz was drunk and arrested him. When they checked his driver's license against DMV records, they discovered he had DUI convictions in 2005, 2006 and 2009.
In addition, they found that Resendiz-Resendiz's drivers license had been suspended twice after the 2006 conviction, and revoked after the 2009 conviction. He was on court probation through 2013.
Resendiz-Resendiz was booked into Marin County Jail on misdemeanor and felony DUI charges and for driving on a license suspended after a prior DUI.
san rafael, DUI, north bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos