North Bay News
San Rafael officials consider strict anti-smoking ordinance
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KGO) -- On Monday, San Rafael leaders will consider what could be Marin County's most strict anti-smoking ordinance.
The ordinance would ban smoking at all apartments and condominiums in addition to many outdoor spaces like parks, bus stops and restaurant patios. Downtown plazas and sidewalks would also be off limits.
However, our media partner, The Marin Independent Journal reports a "draft" ordinance allows smoking in those areas if someone is walking while they are smoking.
smoking, san rafael, north bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday