North Bay News
San Rafael officials consider strict anti-smoking ordinance
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KGO) -- On Monday, San Rafael leaders will consider what could be Marin County's most strict anti-smoking ordinance.
The ordinance would ban smoking at all apartments and condominiums in addition to many outdoor spaces like parks, bus stops and restaurant patios. Downtown plazas and sidewalks would also be off limits.
However, our media partner, The Marin Independent Journal reports a "draft" ordinance allows smoking in those areas if someone is walking while they are smoking.
smoking, san rafael, north bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 42 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash 20 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos