North Bay News
Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary set to close for winter
TIBURON, Calif. (KGO) -- An effort to protect wildlife means a popular waterway in the North Bay will be off limits starting Monday.
The Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary between Tiburon and Sausalito will be off limits to all water activity beginning Monday and running through march 31.
The annual closure protects thousands of migratory ducks, geese, and shore birds that usually stay on the Bay for the winter or use it for re-fueling as they migrate south.
boats, north bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos