North Bay News
Battleship gun on display in Marin County
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A big gun that once served on the Battleship Missouri is sitting near Rodeo Beach in Marin County this morning.
It will be slowly moved today up to the Townsley Gun Battery in the Marin Headlands. The giant 68 feet long weapon which weighs 120 tons. It was saved from the scrap heap by the National Park Service and returned here for display. It's been 64 years since a gun of this type has been in the area. They were used during the World War II to keep watch over the Golden Gate Bridge.
marin county, north bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos