North Bay News
Police in Napa identify suspect in stabbing murder
NAPA, Calif. -- Police have released the name of the suspect in a stabbing murder that occurred in Napa last week.
Francisco Javier Deleon, 31, is suspected of killing 51-year-old Robin Ward at a cottage in the 100 block of Almond Avenue on Thursday evening, Napa police Capt. Jeff Troendly said.
A resident who lives at the property on Almond Avenue notified police of the murder around 4:15 p.m. Friday, Troendly said.
Troendly said Deleon and Ward were acquaintances, and that the stabbing happened during a dispute over a personal matter.
Deleon was arrested at 4:30 a.m. Saturday at a home at 1042 Nightingale Drive in Fairfield, according to the Napa County jail booking log. He is being held in jail on the murder charge and a parole hold.
Deleon, a transient, knew a resident at the Fairfield address, Troendly said.
napa, crime, murder, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 17 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 20 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos