North Bay News
Police in Napa identify suspect in stabbing murder
NAPA, Calif. -- Police have released the name of the suspect in a stabbing murder that occurred in Napa last week.
Francisco Javier Deleon, 31, is suspected of killing 51-year-old Robin Ward at a cottage in the 100 block of Almond Avenue on Thursday evening, Napa police Capt. Jeff Troendly said.
A resident who lives at the property on Almond Avenue notified police of the murder around 4:15 p.m. Friday, Troendly said.
Troendly said Deleon and Ward were acquaintances, and that the stabbing happened during a dispute over a personal matter.
Deleon was arrested at 4:30 a.m. Saturday at a home at 1042 Nightingale Drive in Fairfield, according to the Napa County jail booking log. He is being held in jail on the murder charge and a parole hold.
Deleon, a transient, knew a resident at the Fairfield address, Troendly said.
napa, crime, murder, north bay news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos