North Bay News
Police in Napa identify suspect in stabbing murder
NAPA, Calif. -- Police have released the name of the suspect in a stabbing murder that occurred in Napa last week.
Francisco Javier Deleon, 31, is suspected of killing 51-year-old Robin Ward at a cottage in the 100 block of Almond Avenue on Thursday evening, Napa police Capt. Jeff Troendly said.
A resident who lives at the property on Almond Avenue notified police of the murder around 4:15 p.m. Friday, Troendly said.
Troendly said Deleon and Ward were acquaintances, and that the stabbing happened during a dispute over a personal matter.
Deleon was arrested at 4:30 a.m. Saturday at a home at 1042 Nightingale Drive in Fairfield, according to the Napa County jail booking log. He is being held in jail on the murder charge and a parole hold.
Deleon, a transient, knew a resident at the Fairfield address, Troendly said.
napa, crime, murder, north bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 9 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 28 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 56 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos