North Bay News
Stolen Lamborghini case will move forward
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A teenager accused of stealing a TV celebrity chef's Lamborghini and shooting at two people will have to stand trial in Marin County.
A judge in San Rafael determined there was enough evidence to try 18-year-old Max Wade on various charges, including attempted murder, commercial burglary and possessing stolen property.
Police say Wade stole Chef Guy Fieri's $200,000 car so he could impress a girl. After she rejected him, Wade is accused of shooting at a car with the girl and her boyfriend inside.
"The finding today has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of my client, it simply is finding that the case can go forward to the next stage," Wade's attorney Charlie Dresow said.
The judge declined two new charges that accused Wade of trying to pull a loaded weapon on detectives.
marin county, san rafael, crime, celebrity, celebrity crime, inmates, food, television, north bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF 38 min ago
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire 54 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday