North Bay News
Stolen Lamborghini case will move forward
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A teenager accused of stealing a TV celebrity chef's Lamborghini and shooting at two people will have to stand trial in Marin County.
A judge in San Rafael determined there was enough evidence to try 18-year-old Max Wade on various charges, including attempted murder, commercial burglary and possessing stolen property.
Police say Wade stole Chef Guy Fieri's $200,000 car so he could impress a girl. After she rejected him, Wade is accused of shooting at a car with the girl and her boyfriend inside.
"The finding today has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of my client, it simply is finding that the case can go forward to the next stage," Wade's attorney Charlie Dresow said.
The judge declined two new charges that accused Wade of trying to pull a loaded weapon on detectives.
marin county, san rafael, crime, celebrity, celebrity crime, inmates, food, television, north bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 50 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 19 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos