North Bay News
Stolen Lamborghini case will move forward
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A teenager accused of stealing a TV celebrity chef's Lamborghini and shooting at two people will have to stand trial in Marin County.
A judge in San Rafael determined there was enough evidence to try 18-year-old Max Wade on various charges, including attempted murder, commercial burglary and possessing stolen property.
Police say Wade stole Chef Guy Fieri's $200,000 car so he could impress a girl. After she rejected him, Wade is accused of shooting at a car with the girl and her boyfriend inside.
"The finding today has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of my client, it simply is finding that the case can go forward to the next stage," Wade's attorney Charlie Dresow said.
The judge declined two new charges that accused Wade of trying to pull a loaded weapon on detectives.
marin county, san rafael, crime, celebrity, celebrity crime, inmates, food, television, north bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar 11 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption 4 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted...
43 min ago
- Police visit homes of missing jetliner's...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos