North Bay News
Novato rock re-classified as meteorite
NOVATO, Calif. (KGO) -- It was, then it wasn't, and now a rock found by a Novato woman last week has been re-classified as a meteorite.
Scientists first called the rock a meteorite, then called it just a rock because it lacked surface evidence it had ever been in space.
On Monday, a meteorite hunter found another rock looking almost exactly the same as the Novato one and scientists after comparing the two, determined they were both in fact from space.
mill valley, space, north bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 10 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 3 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 8 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 17 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos