North Bay News
Spill causes shelter-in-place in the North Bay
MILL VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A chemical spill forced authorities to issue a shelter-in-place order this morning in Mill Valley. It included the Edna Maguire School and Ring Mountain Schools.
The Marin County sheriff's department says the vapors were traced to a swimming pool contractor doing work on Lomita Drive. The chemical cloud dissipated and the 'all clear' signal was given just over an hour ago.
mill valley, chemical spill, north bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday